Friday, August 31

50s 'Mingo Wall Art!!



Just a quickie to show you my latest- a 50s metal flamingo wall art piece, woo hoo!!

I've been quietly obsessed with mid-century wall art for some time now, secretly hoping to stumble across a  Curtis Jere piece, but let's face it they simply don't exist in Australia!




So until I can go to America and ship a ridiculously huge amount of stuff home (and yes, that *is* on the cards, one day!), a locally-made must suffice. It's already on the wall above the red couch, and thanks to it being nearly 4 feet high, is filling up the space nicely!

7 comments:

Frocktasia said...

I love your Mingo, what a tremendous piece!

Nikki @ Penelope Cat Vintage said...

Ooh, fab - great find! I think if I owned a piece like this, I'd paint a vivid sunset scene on the wall behind it. Y'know, to make it even more kitschy :)

Nikki x

Curtise said...

Wow, what a stunning thing! xxx

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love your tart up Tuesday too!

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love your tart up Tuesday too!

CityScape Skybaby said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. xx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

so jealous!! xxx